The Nest camera is a pretty little device meant to deter crime before it happens. The camera features motion and sound detection, night vision, two-way talk, live video streaming, or more. When it comes to improving your home security, the Nest cam is an ideal choice. With the Nest app, you can easily set up this security camera. You just need to download the app, plug in the Nest camera, create the Nest account login, and follow the prompts in the app. In this article, you will learn how to sign in to the Nest account with the Nest app.
Nest Camera Sign in Instructions
- The first step is to download the Nest cam app on your smartphone.
- Then connect the camera to the Nest app and then to your home network.
- For that, turn on the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth of your mobile device.
- Connect your phone to the same network as your Nest Cam.
- The next step is to access the Nest account login page.
- Launch the Nest app and tap on Create a new account to access your camera.
- If you already have an account, then enter the Nest camera sign in credentials like your email id/phone number and password.
Changing the Nest account login password
Follow the below steps to change the admin password of your Nest camera:
- Log in to the Nest camera using the Nest app
- From the basic home page, select the Settings option.
- Now, tap on Account and select the manage Account option.
- Then tap on Account Security.
- Select Account Password and enter your current as well as the new password.
- Reconfirm the password and save the changes.
Note: If you are using the Google account, then you would be prompted to use Google.com to log in.
How to reset the Nest account password?
- Visit home.nest.com or open the Nest app on your Smartphone.
- Tap on Sign in and then click on Forgot Password.
- Next, enter your email Id.
- Click on the Reset Password option. You will receive a link on your provided email account to reset your password.
- You need to verify your account first if you have enabled two-step verification to reset the password.
What to do if I don’t get the password reset mail?
- Make sure you have entered the email address that you used for the Nest camera sign in.
- Check if you use a Nest account instead of a Google account.
- Next, look for the email in the Spam folder.
- Try to request the reset password mail again.
In this blog, you have learned how to sign in to the Nest account with the Nest app. If you have more queries or issues, you can contact the technical team for further assistance. To know how to install and set up your Nest camera, contact us now. Simply, dial our toll-free number or chat using a live chat window.